Tuesday 20 March 2012

A Sense of Self

Sorry I couldn't sent it in a file, wasn't to sure what I could write about for the week. On the bus now and it just came to me. Here it is:

Over the past two weeks I was given an opportunity to play. To start a game. I haven't been given that opportunity since November 27th. I wasn't nervous until it came time for warm up. I found myself tense and uncertain of how the night was going to unfold. Nerves are never a bad thing let me tell you that. What you do with those nerves will determine where you go. I had been practicing and training for that opportunity for months. I ended up getting first star even tho we lost in a shoot out. After the game I found myself upset with the outcome of the game. I couldn't stop thinking about what I could of done more to win the game. That's just the way I work. I always want to be better and do more. That's the attitude you need. You will fail but you always need to get up and keep moving forward. The next night we played again. Once again I was given the start. My play was strong again but we lost.

I was given opportunity and I made the most of it. If you find yourself in the same boat, ask yourself what can I do in order to prepare myself for the opportunities I will receive.

A few things you can do are:
Visualizing yourself being successful
Be mentally prepared at all times.
Always strive to be better, give 110% at everything.
If you fall get back up and try again.

No matter if you play every other shift or game, once or twice a period, or once a week, you will be given opportunity. Make the most of it every night and you will see yourself growing stronger and stronger. Keep at it, if you fall get up and keep moving forward.

Regards,
Austin Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment